Our History

Neeld Funeral Home, Inc. is a fifth generation family-owned and operated business that started in the small community of Spring Valley, Ohio in 1890. In 1893, William M. Neeld, founder of the funeral home, moved the business to Main St. in Xenia. In 1906, his son Ralph M. Neeld joined the family business and worked until his death in 1958. In 1930, William A. Neeld joined the business until his death in 1983. In 1962, Thomas R. Neeld joined the business and is current co-owner of the funeral home with his son, Michael T. Neeld, who joined the firm in 1990. After the 1974 tornado destroyed the funeral homeís fourth establishment on W. Market St., Neeld Funeral Home moved to its current location at 1276 N. Detroit St. In 1987, Eleanor A. Neeld, Tomís wife, became Xeniaís first licensed female funeral director, and passed away after a lengthy battle with Parkinsonís and cancer in March 2009.



In Memory Eleanor A. Neeld 1940-2009
In Memory Eleanor A. Neeld 1940-2009









Ralph M. Neeld and Thomas R. Neeld,  1957
Ralph M. Neeld and Thomas R. Neeld, 1957